Monday, May 11, 2009

Asian Cultural Fiesta

18th April by Shoko Tampo


I went to the Asian Cultural fiesta on 18 April in Christchurch. We could eat Asian food and see some traditional Asian performances. As I had known one of the performers was Chie, our Japanese counsellor at school, I had been looking forward to seeing Chie playing the drums.


Although, I am Japanese, I don’t think I have seen a live Japanese drum performance before. I might have seen it on TV.


When it started, I was really excited. I could feel the power of the drums and performers. I felt carried away by the rhythm. I really enjoyed it. It was overwhelming. I would like everyone to see it. It was a good experience for me.



I hope this drum group continues to play here in New Zealand so it becomes more popular. I would go again if I had the chance!

No comments: